Handy Service v1.5 for PalmFreeware lite version
Sales and Shopping on Palm,
Tracking orders for goods and services, maintaining shopping lists,
Job management, work log tracking
planning purchases, estimating of purchase expenses, reports.
Assistant for waiters, service staff, home users and business owners.
Palm OS 5 support: hires fonts, T3 fullscreen, 5-way navigator.
Print support, export to memo and card.
Wireless communication between Palm and Desktop.
Desktop has export to Excel and real-time order monitoring.
Download: HandyServiceLite.zip, 380kb
Advanced commercial version is available
Version 1.4 - Palm OS 5 support
Tungsten T3 fullscreen; small hi-res fonts; 5-way navigator support.
Get the maximum information and convenience from your new Palm!
Screenshots & Intro
Simple desktop program
Desktop for real-time order monitoring from multiple Palms
Spanish Manual: HTML, Word-doc, thanks Eduardo Gonsenheim
Handy Service is a sales and shopping software for Palm OS handhelds, both for home users and service staff. It allows doing mobile sales, tracking orders for goods and services, maintaining shopping lists.
Initially it was intended as assistant for waiters, traders, salesmen and other service staff to help them at the restaurants, bars, cafes, shops, car service centers, hair salons and other service places. Further it was adapted for home users and allows maintaining shopping lists, planning purchases, estimating of purchase expenses and tracking and accounting a lot of other things.
Another application is job management and work log tracking. It allows having multiple clients and tracking which jobs you have to do for each client, accounting for paid and done jobs. Also it is possible to record daily works and activity for each work.
Handy Service has an independent desktop program, which allows maintaining all the data on a desktop computer, viewing orders, printing bills, exporting orders to Excel (csv) files, loading and saving list of goods to Excel (csv) files. Also there is instant desktop, which allows picking new orders from multiple Palms in real-time.
Handy Service is a commercial successor of freeware Waiter Assistant, which is still available at our site.
- taking and tracking orders for goods and services,
- mobile sales,
- job management and work log tracking,
- maintaining shopping lists, estimating purchase expenses,
- extremely fast and convenient adding of goods into order,
- two-level hierarchical categories for goods and services,
- search by first letters,
- wireless communication between palm and desktop computers,
- beaming of orders and goods,
- printing and exporting list of orders, items and price list,
- discounts and tips for any order,
- price, prime cost and taxes for goods and services,
- report for total cost, profit, tax and tips for selected orders and single order,
- notes both for particular goods and whole order, to make order more precise,
- Palm OS 5 support: small hires fonts, Tungsten T3 full screen, 5-way navigator,
- independent desktop program,
- simpler freeware previous version (Waiter Assistant) with possibility to pick data from it.
Doug Coulter, carpet business owner:
"Handy Service was a little app that has grown to a high level of sophistication yet has retained the simplicity required to be used in
those situations where you have to think quickly on your feet. Data collection has always been humdrum at best but Handy Service takes the
doldrums out of data entry with its easy to use and intuitive method. You will be up and running in minutes. Orders/quotes/invoices and
goods/services information can instantly be added to the current activity with remarkable speed. Any or almost all information of the current
task can be displayed on the screen in a variety of ways depending upon one's preferences. Printing to a portable printer is done
effortlessly and exporting information can be sent in an infinite number of ways to most applications. Information can be used as stand-alone
on the handunit or shared with a PC/network.
This app's developer is by far the most receptive to feature requests and problem solving of any to the point of not only resolving the
request but looking for more ideas and feature requests to improve this product and make it as all encompassing as possible. Its like having
your own personal IT guy. You've just got to try this one."
Benefits from using this program:
- Home users
- Handy Service will help you to plan and track your purchases and maintain shopping lists.
- You can create list of purchases extremely fast. You have to enter names for goods only once, and you may do this simultaneously with creating of shopping list. Then you need only to select existing goods from the list. You may search goods both by two hierarchical categories and first letter.
- You may estimate total price for all purchases, as well as cost of purchases already made. For this purpose you have "amount" and "price" fields and "done" checkbox for each purchase in list.
- You may clarify kind of each purchase, by selecting predefined notes for each purchase. Also you may give comments for the whole list.
- You may keep simultaneously many of shopping list, for example for different shops or different persons.
- You may quickly see which of shopping lists and purchases are done, and which are to be made.
- Service staff and traders
- Handy Service will help you to plan and track orders and sales. You will know which goods are sold, which goods and services have to be brought, when and to which customers.
- You can create list of orders or sales extremely fast. You have to enter names for goods or services only once, and you may do this simultaneously with creating of order list. Then you need only to select existing goods from the list. You may search goods both by two hierarchical categories and first letter. You may see separately goods and orders and all of them together.
- You may see total price for all goods and services in order, as well as cost of positions already brought. For this purpose you have "amount" and "price" fields and "done" checkbox for each position in order.
- You may clarify kind of each goods (dish, service), by selecting predefined notes for each position. Also you may give comments for the whole order.
- You may keep simultaneously many orders, for example for different tables (seats, rooms, places) or different persons.
- You may quickly see which of orders and goods are done, and which are to be made.
- You may set taxes for each goods, set up a discount for any order and enter a tips. Also you may see report, telling you total profit, taxes, tips and income for selected orders.
- Palm OS 3.5 and higher,
- at least 2mb of memory.
- Palm OS 5 support (Tungsten T3 fullscreen, small hires fonts, 5-way navigator),
- Beaming of orders and goods including related info (categories, prices, taxes, etc.),
- Clipboard for items in order,
- Sorting of orders and items by any field,
- Searching of goods in order by first letters,
- Quick adding of goods,
- Improved convenience,
- Some bugs are fixed,
- Registration key now is not dependent on device serial.
New in version 1.2
New in version 1.1
- dragging records in any table,
- editing misc info directly from order.